This week on Prog-Watch it’s another variety program full of ALL NEW material! I’ve got fantastic stuff from The Flower Kings, Pymlico, Wobbler, Taskaha, Isobar, Jakko M. Jakszyk, Sanguine Hum, Tony Lowe’s ESP Project, Cirkus, Watertank, and Steve Hackett! I hope you will join me!
744: ALL NEW Variety
On this week’s show I’ve got a boatload of great music from Deep Energy Orchestra, Voices From The Fuselage, The Tangent, RPWL, Simon Godfrey, Phil Keaggy, Tony Levin & Jerry Marotta, Residuos Mentales, and Hedfuzy! Plus Pymlico on Progressive Discoveries with Dr. Rob Fisher!
606: Variety + Pymlico on Progressive Discoveries
Well, it’s that time of year again…when Prog-Watch teams with The Progressive Aspect to bring you our end of year round-up of some of the best albums released in the Progressive genre this year! Seven of the fine reviewers from TPA provided short lists of their favorites, and brief reviews. Your humble host has also selected one of his own. With contributions from Mel Allen, Shawn Dudley, Rob Fisher, Magnus Moar, Jez Rowden, Roger Trenwith, and Leo Trimming, and music from Robert Berry’s 3.2, Dukes of the Orient, Gazpacho, North Atlantic Oscillation, Phideaux, Pymlico, Regal Worm, and Voivod!
551: Prog-Watch & TPA Present Some of the Best of 2018
Viva variety! That’s the spirit of this week’s Prog-Watch which features a boatload of fabulous prog rock sounds! With music from IQ, We Could Build an Empire, The Pineapple Thief, Saul Blease, Oak, Tiger Moth Tales, Sunchild, Overhead, Pymlico, Psychoyogi, Vola, Hats Off Gentlemen It’s Adequate, and Pinn Dropp!!
546: Viva Variety!
The Progressive Tracks Show #208 (SeaProg Preview #1), originally broadcast on Friday April 28, 2017, is now available to download or listen to any time you desire.
This is the first of a series featuring bands that will grace the stage of the Columbia City Theater in Seattle June 2-4, 2017 for SeaProg – The Seattle Festival of Progressive and Avant Rock. Not familiar? All the more reason to check out the festival, and the bands!
PROGTRACKS GUARANTEE: If you’ve heard all the bands on this or any other SeaProg preview show, I’ll send you an exclusive Progressive Tracks “Prog Liar” Certificate! ;o)
- NP: U.K. – “Mental Medication” from U.K. on EG Records
- NP: Fraktal Phantom – “Broken Time” from Single on Independent
- NP: Human Ottoman – “Infernal Mechanism of Commerce” from Farang on Human Ottoman
- NP: Omni – “Spirit Arms” from Single on Independent
- NP: The Vicious Head Society – “Psychedelic Torture Trip” from Abject Tomorrow on The Vicious Head Society
- NP: The Bob Lazar Story – “In the Woods with Tony Iommi” from Baritonia on Bad Elephant Music
- NP: Omni – “Breakfast of Champions” from Single on Independent
- NP: Human Ottoman – “Mulatu (The Frizz)” from Farang on Human Ottoman
- NP: Fraktal Phantom – “Oh Well” composed by Peter Green from Single on Independent
- NP: Radio Piece III – “Gargantua” from Tesseract & Monuments on Independent
- NP: The Tea Club – “The Eternal German Infant” composed by Peter Green from Single on Independent
- NP: The Vicious Head Society – “The Sycophants” from Abject Tomorrow on The Vicious Head Society
- NP: Pymlico – “Crab Key” from Meeting Point on Apollon Records
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |