This week on Prog-Watch I have a bit of a mixed bag! We’ll hear great stuff from the likes of Surreal, Bjørn Riis, In Continuum, and Nad Sylvan, plus Dr. Rob Fisher will be taking a look at the latest Damanek album on Progressive Discoveries! As if that was not enough, I’ll have a mini feature on Nikki Squire and her band Esquire! Nikki has a new track and she and I chatted about that and the future of Esquire!
624: Variety, Nikki Squire, and Damanek on Progressive Discoveries
Progressive Tracks Show #247 (The White Show), originally broadcast on Friday, February 2, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
Oh wow, another one of those self-morphing shows that seems to have a mind of its own… and winds up being a show with a message AND a theme (other shows that I do only end up as a mess of good music and dodgy DJ’ing). ;o)
Listen… and form your own opinion about the content. Feel free to email and ask me what I think it is… but remember, my answer will only be one more white man’s view.
- Alan White – “Song Of Innocence” from Ramshackled on Atlantic
- Spriggan Mist – “White Swan” from The Portal on Independent
- The Cellar and Point – “White Cylinder (A)” from Ambit on Cuneiform Records
- Nad Sylvan – “The White Crown” from The Bride Said No on InsideOutMusic
- White Willow – “Animal Magnetism (Bonus Track)” from Future Hopes on The Laser’s Edge
- David Bowie – “Black Tie White Noise” from Black Tie White Noise on Savage Records
- Saul Blease – “White Rose (Sophie’s Song)” from Blood / Hollow – EP on Saul Blease
- Peter Gabriel – “White Shadow” composed by Peter Gabriel from Peter Gabriel 2 (Scratch) on Atlantic
- White Witch – “Have You Ever Thought of Changing?/Jackson Slade” from White Witch on PCLC Capricorn
- White Witch – “The Gift” from White Witch on PCLC Capricorn
- Jack O’ the Clock – “Whiteout” from Repetitions of the Old City I on Jack O’ the Clock
- White – “New Day” from White on Renaissance Records
- Queen – “White Man” from A Day At The Races on EMI
- Rick Miller – “White Dogs (Including The Raven” from Breaking Point on Independent
- Whitewater – “Moon Pull, Parts 1-4” from Universal Medium on BEM
- Crippled Black Phoenix – “A Brigher Tomorrow” from White Light Generator on Cool Green Recordings
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week on Prog-Watch: another great show of mostly new stuff! We’ll hear from The Tangent, How Far To Hitchin’, Big Big Train, Cosmograf, Nad Sylvan, Karmamoi, Aisles, and Karibow! Plus, our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher, will take us on another trip of Progressive Discovery with the intense new solo album by Bjørn Riis, of the Norwegian band Airbag!
438: (Almost) ALL NEW Variety
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at progwatch.com! Just follow this link: progwatch.com/429
There’s been no shortage of great music released so far this year. So to keep you on top of all the great sounds out there, this week I am doing a 100% ALL NEW variety show! Every song will come from an album released in 2017. We’ll hear from Sky Architect, Big Big Train, Cosmograf, The Winter Tree, Steven Wilson, Anathema, The Samurai of Prog, Nad Sylvan, and Drifting Sun. Dr. Rob Fisher will also take us on another voyage of progressive discovery, with the latest album by Steve Hackett.