This week’s Prog-Watch is an entire show dedicated to prog rock classic tracks! I’m spinning tunes by Genesis, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, King Crimson, Kansas, The Alan Parson Project, Yes, Jethro Tull, The Electric Light Orchestra, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, and Caravan! Our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher, is also doing a Progressive Discoveries segment on a classic album… Breathless by Camel! Come along as Prog-Watch goes “old school”!
648: Classix, Vol. 1
Another themed special on Prog-Watch this week, and the key word is HEART! We’ll hear from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Trevor Rabin, King Crimson, Robert Berry, The Alan Parsons Project, Pete Townshend, Yes, Marillion, Moon Safari, Zebra, Colin Blunstone, Esquire, Rush, GTR, mystery, John Wetton, and Manfred Mann`s Earth Band! Come along for a fun ride!
646: Affairs of the Heart
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at Progwatch.com
This week I’ve lined up a plethora of great progressive rock music from Unitopia, Murky Red, Karfagen, The J Conspiracy, Godsticks, Camel, Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius, Radiohead, Forever Twelve, Motorpsycho, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band and Pinn Dropp! In the words of Yoda, “Miss it not!”
The Progressive Tracks Show #224 (Total Solar Eclipse), originally broadcast on Friday, August 18, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
It’s been a long time since a total solar eclipse has happened in the United States. To put it in perspective, U.K. (Jobson/Wetton/Bozzio) were just about to release its “Danger Money” album when the last eclipse occurred on February 26th, 1979. Now THAT’s a looong time ago!
And believe me when I say, there’s plenty of great Prog on the subject of eclipses. So it’s no wonder I felt compelled to do a special 2-hour show (yes, you read that right) marking the total solar eclipse that occurred on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius – “Hysteria” from Guilty Of Innocence on Independent
- Amenophis – “Suntower” from Amenophis on Musea
- Michael Hoenig – “Sun and Moon” from Departure from the Northern Wasteland on Kuckuck Schallplatten
- Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – “Solar Fire” from Solar Fire on Cohesion
- Man – “Call Down the Moon” from Call Down the Moon on Esoteric Recordings
- Astra – “The Rising of the Black Sun” from The Weirding on Rise Above Records
- Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express – “Total Eclipse” from Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express on Fuel
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Total Eclipse” from I Robot on Arista
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Genesis Ch.1 V.32” from I Robot on Arista
- Kenny Mitchell – “Solar Eclipse, Part 1” from The Lark At Heaven’s Gate on Independent
- Kenny Mitchell – “Solar Eclipse, Part 2 – Second Shadow” from The Lark At Heaven’s Gate on Independent
- Toxic Smile – “Rayless Sun” from 7 on Progressive Promotions Records
- Eat The Sun – “Prefeastthree” from The Djerassi Sessions on Independent
- Green Meteor – “Consumed By A Dying Sun” from Consumed By A Dying Sun Robot on Independent
- Pallas – “Shadow Of The Sun” from Wearewhoweare on Independent
- Argos – “Sun And Moon” from Circles on Musea
- Drifting Sun – “Eternal Cycle” from Eternal Cycle EP on Independent
- Pink Floyd – “Brain Damage”” from Dark Side Of The Moon on EMI
- Pink Floyd – “Eclipse” from Dark Side Of The Moon on EMI
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week’s Prog-Watch is now available from the website Progwatch.com at the following link: Prog-Watch 427
Variety is on tap in this week’s episode! Hear from Uriah Heep, Ben Craven, Dreadnaught, Foreigner, Syncage, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Manfred Mann`s Earth Band, Snarky Puppy, IO Earth, Anekdoten & Rocket Scientists! Also, our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher, will be enlightening us on the great new album by The Mute Gods!