If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at Progwatch.com
This week I’ve lined up a plethora of great progressive rock music from Unitopia, Murky Red, Karfagen, The J Conspiracy, Godsticks, Camel, Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius, Radiohead, Forever Twelve, Motorpsycho, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band and Pinn Dropp! In the words of Yoda, “Miss it not!”
The Progressive Tracks Show #224 (Total Solar Eclipse), originally broadcast on Friday, August 18, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
It’s been a long time since a total solar eclipse has happened in the United States. To put it in perspective, U.K. (Jobson/Wetton/Bozzio) were just about to release its “Danger Money” album when the last eclipse occurred on February 26th, 1979. Now THAT’s a looong time ago!
And believe me when I say, there’s plenty of great Prog on the subject of eclipses. So it’s no wonder I felt compelled to do a special 2-hour show (yes, you read that right) marking the total solar eclipse that occurred on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius – “Hysteria” from Guilty Of Innocence on Independent
- Amenophis – “Suntower” from Amenophis on Musea
- Michael Hoenig – “Sun and Moon” from Departure from the Northern Wasteland on Kuckuck Schallplatten
- Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – “Solar Fire” from Solar Fire on Cohesion
- Man – “Call Down the Moon” from Call Down the Moon on Esoteric Recordings
- Astra – “The Rising of the Black Sun” from The Weirding on Rise Above Records
- Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express – “Total Eclipse” from Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express on Fuel
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Total Eclipse” from I Robot on Arista
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Genesis Ch.1 V.32” from I Robot on Arista
- Kenny Mitchell – “Solar Eclipse, Part 1” from The Lark At Heaven’s Gate on Independent
- Kenny Mitchell – “Solar Eclipse, Part 2 – Second Shadow” from The Lark At Heaven’s Gate on Independent
- Toxic Smile – “Rayless Sun” from 7 on Progressive Promotions Records
- Eat The Sun – “Prefeastthree” from The Djerassi Sessions on Independent
- Green Meteor – “Consumed By A Dying Sun” from Consumed By A Dying Sun Robot on Independent
- Pallas – “Shadow Of The Sun” from Wearewhoweare on Independent
- Argos – “Sun And Moon” from Circles on Musea
- Drifting Sun – “Eternal Cycle” from Eternal Cycle EP on Independent
- Pink Floyd – “Brain Damage”” from Dark Side Of The Moon on EMI
- Pink Floyd – “Eclipse” from Dark Side Of The Moon on EMI
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week’s Prog-Watch is now available from the website Progwatch.com at the following link: Prog-Watch 427
Variety is on tap in this week’s episode! Hear from Uriah Heep, Ben Craven, Dreadnaught, Foreigner, Syncage, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Manfred Mann`s Earth Band, Snarky Puppy, IO Earth, Anekdoten & Rocket Scientists! Also, our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher, will be enlightening us on the great new album by The Mute Gods!