This week I’ve got great stuff from The Barock Project, The Blackheart Orchestra, Minutes To Midnight, Euphoria Station, The Bedlam Furnaces, and John Holden, plus another lost gem from Locanda delle Fate! If that wasn’t enough, I’ll be chatting a little with Malcolm Galloway and spinning some of his solo stuff and some music from his band, Hats Off Gentlemen It’s Adequate!
A plethora of astounding progressive sounds awaits on this week’s Prog-Watch! We’ll hear music from John Holden, Magnum, Mariana Semkina, Jack O’ The Clock, Godsticks, The Million Reasons, Long Earth, and The Bardic Depths! Plus, our friend and resident reviewer will take us on a voyage of Progressive Discovery with the first solo outing from Ray Alder, vocalist and frontman for US band Fates Warning!
Progressive Tracks Show #256 (Always Eclectic), originally broadcast on Saturday, April 7, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
Now I love classic progressive/art rock as much as anyone… but one of the things I love to do with The Progressive Tracks Show is to introduce listeners to music they haven’t heard before.
Sometimes that quest takes me into some interesting territory, and if I combine that with music you may have heard… well, can anyone say “eclectic”?
- Mother Turtle – “Zea Mice Part 1-Kukuruzu” from Zea Mice on Mother Turtle
- Moteur! – “Chiaroscuro” from En Traits Libres on Moteur!
- Under A Banner – “Light Breaks Through” from Riot EP on Bad Elephant Music
- Zechs Marquis – “Strapped To The Mast” from Our Delicate Stranded Nightmare on Zechs Marquis
- Zechs Marquis – “Sirenum Scopuli” from Our Delicate Stranded Nightmare on Zechs Marquis
- Dead Blonde Stars – “Coffer” from Resolution on Rockosmos
- Henry Fool – “Poppy Q” from Henry Fool on Kscope
- Yes – “Hour Of Need” from Fly From Here Return Trip on Frontiers Records
- Memória De Peixe – “Supercollider” from Himiko Cloud on Memória de Peixe
- Whiteside’s Daughter – “The Life You Save – Act I” from The Life You Save – Act I on Whiteside’s Daughter
- Lesoir – “Zeros and Ones” from Latitude on Gentle Art Of Music
- John Holden – “Seaglass Hearts” from Capture Light on John Holden
- Mother Turtle – “Nostos” from Zea Mice on Mother Turtle
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack