Tons of tasty tunes abound on this week’s Prog-Watch! Prick up your ears to hear great stuff from Jakko Jakszyk, Anèma, Jim Griffin, Antony Kalugin, Laura Piazzai, IT, Gandalf’s Fist, Potter’s Daughter, Circu5, Logos, Dyble/Longdon, and Tiger Moth Tales!
This week on Prog-Watch our reviewer extraordinaire Dr. Rob Fisher returns with a new Progressive Discoveries feature on the fabulous debut album ‘The Science of Goodbye’ by the UK project Three Colours Dark! For my part, I’ll be spinning great stuff from Gandalf’s Fist, YYNOT, Briand Boursin Rohr, Neptune, Wytch Hazel, Kevin Godley, Caravaggio, Sudler’s Row, and The Wood Demons! I hope you will join us!
742: Variety + Three Colours Dark on Progressive Discoveries
This week’s Prog-Watch is a wonderful variety program with lots of new music, plus some great selections from a Guest DJ by the name of David Graham of Hawick, Scotland! We’ll hear music from Magic Pie, The Tornados, Thank You Scientist, The Moody Blues, The Gift, Genesis, Freedom To Glide, Pallas, Drifting Sun, Swallow the Sun, and Gandalf’s Fist! All of that jammed into 90 minutes!
628: Variety with Guest DJ Selections
628: Variety with Guest DJ Selections
Progressive Tracks Show #241 (ProgMas 2017), originally broadcast on Friday, December 22, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
PROGTRACKS NOTE: I’ve uploaded this podcast to your stocking a bit early because… hey, it’s Christmas! Besides, I figured you might need to sneak away from your Wham!-loving relatives, put on those new headphones that Santa brought you, and Prog On for a bit! ;o)
ProgMas is a time-honored tradition at The Progressive Tracks Show (this being the 7th edition), and as always, you’ll experience a melding of traditional and… er, not-so-traditional tunes to mark the season in an alternative fashion.
The Progressive Tracks Show… don’t look too close, or you’ll poke your eye out!
- Leah (with Eric Peterson) – “Winter Sun” from Winter Sun – Single on Independent
- The Grip Weeds – “Christmas, Bring Us” from Christmas, Bring Us – Single on Ground Up Records
- Lights & Motion – “Snow” from Save Your Heart on Deep Elm
- Tiger Moth Tales – “Tears Of Frigga” composed by Peter Jones from The Depths Of Winter on White Knight Records
- Boston – “God Rest Ye Metal Gentlemen 2013” from God Rest Ye Metal Gentlemen 2013 – Single on Frontiers Records
- Aviva Omnibus – “Heavy March” from Nutcracker In Fury on Musea
- Mingo Lewis – “Frankincense” from Flight Never Ending on Columbia
- Fibonacci Sequence – “We Three Kings” from We Three Kings on Fibonacci Sequence
- La Leggenda New Trolls – “Christmas Rhapsody” from It’s Christmas Time (Various Artists) on Aereostella
- Peter Matuchniak – “Across The Pond” from Uncover Me on ProgRock Records
- Finnegan’s Wake – “King Wenceslas” from Yellow on Mellow Records
- Ryuichi Sakamoto – “Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence” from Original Motion Picture on Recorded Picture Company
- Gandalf’s-Fist – “Winter’s Mourning” from Single on Independent
- The Residents – “Seasoned Greetings” from Meet The Residents on Ralph
- Jethro Tull – “Christmas Song” from Living In The Past on Chrysalis
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week on Prog-Watch we pay a little tribute to the late Walter Becker of Steely Dan, before embarking on a great variety program with music from Ghostly Beard, Soul Secret, Drifting Sun, Peter Gabriel, Robert Reed, Bangtower, Wetton Downes Icon, and Gandalf’s Fist. Near the end of the program, two of the boys from The Aaron Clift Experiment drop in to chat about their recent concert activities and their crowd funding campaign for their projected third studio album, “If All Goes Wrong”. We finish with another by Walter Becker, this time from his solo career.
439: Variety + Aaron Clift Experiment feature
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch, you can still listen HERE
Viva variety! This week’s show has music from Allan Holdsworth, Big Big Train, Kant Freud Kafka, Karnivool, Traffic, Dec Burke, Heliopolis, The Minstrel’s Ghost, Rush, Long Earth, Alan Reed, Electric Light Orchestra, and Gandalf’s Fist! That’s a whole lotta Prog!