The podcast of this week’s Prog-Watch is available at Progwatch.com
This week’s program is a special centered on Progressive Rock epics! Five tracks only make up the 90 minute show! To avoid over-emphasizing the golden age, I have selected one track from each of the five decades of our favorite genre! We’ll hear music from Marillion, Phideaux Xavier, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Pallas, and Discipline!
504: Epix, Vol. 2
This week’s Prog-Watch is our semi-annual collaboration with some of the merry reviewers at The Progressive Aspect, bringing you some of the best Prog Rock releases this year! We’ll hear short reviews and sample music from ten of the best albums of 2017, as suggested by Mel Allen, Tony Colvill, Shawn Dudley, Rob Fisher, Jez Rowden, Roger Trenwith, and Leo Trimming. I’ll also pick a favorite of my own, and run down the whole list of albums which were nominated, but not represented on the show. (We do only have 90 minutes, and more than 30 albums were suggested!) So join me this week for a year-end round-up of some of the best new music released this year in our favorite genre!
450: Some Of The Best Of 2017
The podcast for Prog-Watch 431 is available at Progwatch.com! Follow the link HERE
For this week’s program I’ve put together another eclectic variety show, with music spanning five decades! We’ll hear from Peter Gabriel, Amplifier, Lana Lane, Marillion, Karibow, Squackett, Discipline, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Roger Waters! Our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher will also be taking us on another voyage of Progressive Discovery, with the great new album by Damanek!
The Progressive Tracks Show #219 (Deluge Of Prog), originally broadcast on Friday July 14, 2017, is now available to download or listen to any time you desire.
There is truly a downpour of new progressive rock in 2017… and I cannot seem to keep up.
Problem? Hardly one to complain about anyway! So sit back, and let me preview some of the new stuff for you.
- Karibow “Here” from From Here To The Impossible on Progressive Promotion Records
- Monobody – “Exformation (Audiotree Live Version)” from Monobody on Audiotree Live – EP on Audiotree Music
- Discipline – “Life Imitates Art” from Captives of the Wine Dark Sea on The Laser’s Edge
- The Beatles – “Strawberry Fields Forever (Stereo Mix 2015)” from Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Deluxe Edition) on UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
- The Beatles – “Penny Lane (Stereo Mix 2017)” from Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Deluxe Edition) on UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
- Radiohead – “Electioneering” from OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 on XL Recordings
- Kingbathmat – “Nihilist” composed by John Bassett from Dark Days on Independent
- Amplifier – “Rainbow Machine” from Trippin’ with Dr. Faustus on Rockosmos
- Time of Orchids – “Same Exact” from Much Too Much Fun on Time of Orchids
- Monobody – “Lifeguard of a Helpless Body (Audiotree Live Version)” from Monobody on Audiotree Live – EP on Audiotree Music
- Amplifier – “Kosmos (Grooves Of Triumph)” from Trippin’ with Dr. Faustus on Rockosmos
- Discipline – “Burn The Fire Upon The Rocks” from Captives of the Wine Dark Sea on The Laser’s Edge
- Karibow – “A Crescent Man” from From Here To The Impossible on Progressive Promotion Records
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |