PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #322 (Apollo 11 – Prog You To The Moon And Back)
This week’s edition of The Progressive Tracks Show is a creation; an experience best enjoyed in solitude. The (mostly) instrumental songs and historical audio clips were carefully pieced together to evoke emotion; to portray the Apollo 11 mission through the emotional power of music.
I do hope you can take time to sit back and enjoy it!
And remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are over 160 now!).
- Red Kite – “13 Enemas For Good Luck” from Red Kite on RareNoise (2019)
- King Crimson – “Separation (edit)” from The Elements of King Crimson Tourbox 2014 on DGM (2016)
- Elder – “Illusory Motion” from The Gold & Silver Sessions on Blues Funeral Recordings (2019)
- District 97 – “After Orbit Mission” from Screens on Cherry Red Records (2019)
- Vespero – “Watching The Earth Rise” from Hollow Moon on Tonzonen Records (2018)
- Fabio La Manna – “Luna2” from EBE on Via Nocturna (2016)
- Spirit – “Space Child” from Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus on Ode/Epic/Legacy (1970)
- Polska Radio One – “Launch #93” from Cosmos Inside on Trail Records (2014)
- Camel – “Lunar Sea” from Moonmadness on UMC-Decca (1976)
- Arcade Messiah – “Moon Signal” from II on Stereohead Records (2015)
- Maat Lander – “Meteors Serenade” from Seasons of Space – Book #2 on Clostridium Records (2018)
- Quarkspace – “Space Folds Upon Itself” from All These Suns on Quarkspace (2018)
- Blueneck – “Apogee” from Epilogue on Denovali Records (2012)
- Astralingua – “Space Blues” from Space Blues – Single on Midnight Lamp Records (2019)
- Eric Baule – “Touching The Earth” from Revelations Adrift on Independent (2015)
- Aisles – “Hero” from 4:45 AM on Presagio Records (2013)
If you have comments or suggestions for show topics/ music (always welcome), feel free to contact me any time via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
I have a lot of great stuff lined up for you on this week’s Prog-Watch! For starters, I’ll be catching you up on some of the latest Prog Rock releases from Izz, Pattern Seeking Animals, Introitus, Jordan Rudess, and Terry Draper, formerly of Klaatu! Plus, I’ll have a couple of listener dedications (Camel and U.K.), and there will also be a house call from THE DOCTOR, Rob Fisher, who will be taking us on a voyage of Progressive Discovery with the latest album by the Norwegian band Oak!
629: Variety + Oak on Progressive Discoveries
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at Progwatch.com
This week I’ve lined up a plethora of great progressive rock music from Unitopia, Murky Red, Karfagen, The J Conspiracy, Godsticks, Camel, Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius, Radiohead, Forever Twelve, Motorpsycho, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band and Pinn Dropp! In the words of Yoda, “Miss it not!”
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch, you can still listen HERE
On this week’s show we are catching up with the Jonses! Or at least one of the Joneses…namely, our friend Peter Jones of Tiger Moth Tales! Peter had a helluva year in 2016, from guesting on albums by Red Bazar and The Colin Tench Project, to live Tiger Moth Tales gigs with a full band, and even touring Japan as part of the legendary Camel! I caught up with him late last year and we discussed all of this and more. Plus, I play a lot of great music in between the chat, so in the words of Yoda, “miss it not!”