This week on Prog-Watch I have a themed special called “A Song For All Seasons”! With music by Dukes of the Orient, Guy Manning, Terry Draper, Squackett, Justin Hayward, Steve Howe, Alan White, The Zombies, White Willow, Kayak, Potter’s Daughter, Joe Walsh, Mostly Autumn, Karfagen, Ray Wilson, Zebra, Threshold, and Marillion! All in 90 minutes!
716: A Song For All Seasons
This week’s Prog-Watch is our semi-annual collaboration with some of the merry reviewers at The Progressive Aspect, bringing you some of the best Prog Rock releases this year! We’ll hear short reviews and sample music from ten of the best albums of 2017, as suggested by Mel Allen, Tony Colvill, Shawn Dudley, Rob Fisher, Jez Rowden, Roger Trenwith, and Leo Trimming. I’ll also pick a favorite of my own, and run down the whole list of albums which were nominated, but not represented on the show. (We do only have 90 minutes, and more than 30 albums were suggested!) So join me this week for a year-end round-up of some of the best new music released this year in our favorite genre!
450: Some Of The Best Of 2017
The Progressive Tracks Show #234 (Life Ch-ch-ch-Changes), originally broadcast on Friday, November 3, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
I was running out of time to think of an appropriate theme for this week’s show, when I discovered an old file labeled “Spare Tracks”. When I looked closely, I found this jumble of music fit like pieces of a puzzle to describe some of the important changes in my life. Talk about weird! But it resulted in a show that I think you’ll enjoy.
- Guthrie Govan – “Wonderful Slippery Thing” from Erotic Cakes on JTC Records
- Angra – “The Shadow Hunter” from Temple of Shadows on Angra
- Lighthouse – “One Fine Morning” from One Fine Morning on ole
- Symphony X – “The Accolade” from The Divine Wings of Tragedy (Special Edition) on Knife Fight Media/Symphony X
- Kingbathmat – “Superfluous” from Overcoming the Monster on Stereohead Records
- DeeExpus – “Me and My Downfall” from King of Number 33 on earMUSIC
- White Witch – “Don’t Close Your Mind” from White Witch on PCLC Capricorn
- Threshold – “That’s Why We Came” from March of Progress on Nuclear Blast
- Patrick Moraz – Intermezzo & Indoors from The Story of I on Floating World
- Sound of Contact – “Closer to You” from Sound of Contact on Inside Out Music
- Don Caballero – “Fire Back About Your New Baby’s Sex” from American Don on Touch and Go Records
- Guilt Machine – “Perfection?” from On This Perfect Day on Mascot
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |