THE PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #320
(The Old Day IS The New Day)
Many of the issues we face today are not new… we just didn’t learn the lessons of the past.
Fortunately, music isn’t like that. New creations often use the past as building blocks… and the results are impressive (unless of course we didn’t learn anything, and disco makes a comeback). 😉
This week we’ll explore both new and old music, including a 50-year old classic album.
And remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are over 160 now!).
- Jethro Tull – “A New Day Yesterday” from Stand Up (Steven Wilson Remixes) on Parlophone (2017)
- Sleepytime Gorilla Museum – “The Creature” from Of Natural History on Web of Mimicry (2004)
- Himiko Cloud – “Anatomy” from Himiko Cloud on Himiko Cloud (2016)
- Night Verses – “Trading Shadows” from From The Gallery of Sleep on Equal Vision (2018)
- Jethro Tull – “Bourée” from Stand Up (Steven Wilson Remixes) on Parlophone (2017)
- Spectrum Road – “Vuelta Abajo” from Spectrum Road on Palmetto Records (2012)
- t – “Lifeoscopy” from Solipsystemology on GEP (2019)
- Jethro Tull – “We Used To Know” from Stand Up (Steven Wilson Remixes) on Parlophone (2017)
- Spontaneous Rex – “The Early Adventures of Pro Fresh” from The Early Adventures of Prog Fresh – Single on Independent (2019)
- Avandra – “Adder’s Bite” from Descender on Blood Music (2019)
- Jethro Tull – “Nothing Is Easy” from Stand Up (Steven Wilson Remixes) on Parlophone (2017)
- Markus Reuter (feat. Sonar and Tobias Reber) – “Condition VI” from Falling for Ascension on Ronin Rhythm Records (2017)
If you have comments or suggestions for show topics/ music (always welcome), feel free to contact me any time via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org