Progressive Tracks Show #254 (Supporting Live Music), originally broadcast on Saturday, March 24, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
You’ve heard me say it more than once: Supporting artists by attending live shows is the best way to ensure you’ll be able to hear more great music in the future. There’s nothing like the thrill of seeing your idols on stage, experiencing a young band maturing before your eyes, or discovering the talent of a previously unknown opening band. But you have to be there to create the memory.
This week we’ll highlight some of the artists who are out on the road in the next few months. And no matter where you live, chances are they’ll be making the rounds somewhere near you. And yes, we’ll have some new music too.
- Forsqueak – “Lapis” from Forsqueak on Almendra Music
- Pinn Dropp – “Kingdom of Silence” from from Pinn Dropp EP on 766990 Records DK
- Flutatious – “Rendezvous in Marrakesh” from Festival on Magick Eye Records Ltd
- Uriah Heep – “The Wizard” from Demons and Wizards (Deluxe Edition) on Castle Communications
- Uriah Heep – “Shadows of Grief” from Look at Yourself (Expanded Deluxe Edition) on Castle Communications
- Bent Knee – “These Hands” from Land Animal on InsideOutMusic
- Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. – “Part 3” from Pink Lady Lemonade (You’re from Inner Space) on Alien8 Recordings
- Steven Wilson – “No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun” from Insurgentes on Kscope
- Flutatious – “Festival” from Festival on Magick Eye Records Ltd
- The Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster – “Wires\Dream/Wires” from Wires\Dream/Wires on Rockosmos
- Forsqueak – “Kitalpha” from FSK on Almendra Music
- Pinn Dropp – “Unresolved” from Pinn Dropp EP on 766990 Records DK
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack