The Progressive Tracks Show #332 (Where The Road Leads)
What ARE we gonna do this week?
That’s ALWAYS the question around the ProgTracks Studio. And sometimes there’s no clear answer. Fortunately, sometimes those are the best weeks… when things just ‘happen’… not totally by accident… but by allowing… and following where the road leads us.
- The Cars – “Moving In Stereo” from The Cars on Rhino/Elektra (1978)
- Orchestra of the Upper Atmosphere – “Solar Prominences” from θ3 (Theta Three) on Discus (2017)
- Skryptor – “Summer Blossoms” from Luminous Volumes on SkiN GRAFT Records (2019)
- Leprous – “Below” from Pitfalls on InsideOut Music (2019)
- IQ – “A Missile” from Resistance on GEP (2019)
- The Far Meadow – “Travelogue” from Foreign Land on Bad Elephant Music (2019)
- Orchestra of the Upper Atmosphere – “Accelerating Whatever” from θ3 (Theta Three) on Discus (2017)
- Skryptor – “Raga” from Luminous Volumes on SkiN GRAFT Records (2019)
- IQ – “Fallout” from Resistance on GEP (2019)
If you have comments or suggestions for show topics/ music (always welcome), feel free to contact me any time via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
And remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are over 170 podcasts now!).
More importantly, SUBSCRIBE to the podcast below, so you’ll have the show at your fingertips each week! ˅˅˅˅˅˅
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week’s program features ALL NEW Variety, with great new stuff from Mansun, Big Big Train, Joost Maglev, Alan Parsons, Jon Anderson, The Far Meadow, Dream Theater, Lonely Robot, Devin Townsend & Cosmograf! Come along for the ride and catch up with some of the great new music that has recently been released!
619: ALL NEW Variety
This week on Prog-Watch I’m serving up a Variety program with music from Cyril, Kinetic Element, The Far Meadow, and Coma Rossi, plus newcomers Last Flight To Pluto and Astralingua! Also, I’ll have some Guest DJ selections chosen by long-time listener Rick Gibbs. Rick has suggested some great songs by IQ, Steven Wilson, Lonely Robot, and Subsignal! So I hope you will join me!
617: Variety with Guest DJ Selections
The podcast for this week’s Prog-Watch is available at Progwatch.com.
With all of the interview programs and specials I have done recently, I figured it was about time for a good old variety program, featuring great stuff released in the past year or two. So tune in for a lot of fabulous music from Playgrounded, I Am The Manic Whale, Hedfuzy, Paul Draper, Kaprekar’s Constant, Godsticks, Karmamoi, The Far Meadow, 3RDegree, Projekt Gemineye, and Damian Wilson & Adam Wakeman!
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch, you can still listen HERE
Our special guest this week on Prog-Watch is Keith Buckman of the UK band The Far Meadow! Keith and I talk TFM, as he and the band get ready for a great Evening Of Bad Elephant Music in London on 25 February! (Konchordat and The Rube Goldberg Machine are on the bill, as well!) Of course I also play a lot of great TFM music and even slip one in from the new Mike Oldfield album!