This week’s Prog-Watch is a bit of a multi-national affair, with great music from seven different countries! We’ll hear from Fren, Psychoyogi, Pattern-Seeking Animals, Slap Guru, Fughu, Fireballet, Caravaggio, The Dani Lopez Quartet, Magenta, Vesper Vals, and The Enid! I hope you will join me!
This week I’ve got another boatload of great (mostly) new Progressive Rock from Kenny McCormick, Red Bazar, The Room, Ed Wynne, Voices From The Fuselage, Manuel Schmid and Marek Arnold, Overhead, and The Enid! As if that wasn’t enough, there will also be a Progressive Discoveries segment with our friend and resident reviewer Dr. Rob Fisher, on a great project called Zeelley Moon! Patrick Molesworth of Zeelley Moon even provides some commentary!
609: Variety + Zeelley Moon on Progressive Discoveries
If you missed last weekend’s 101 Dimensions, you can still listen HERE
The program features another 2+ hours of great electronic/ambient music spanning five decades! I definitely dug up some different stuff this time! Here’s what’s on tap:
1. Zombi – Escape Velocity; Slow Oscillations; and Shrunken Heads (from the album Escape Velocity, 2011)
2. Richard Barbieri – Interstellar Medium (from the album Planets + Persona, 2017)
3. Quasar – UFO (A. UFO; B. Flying; C. Fire In The Sky; and D. Moon) (from the album Fire In The Sky, 1981)
4. Zero Times Everything – And Now This (from the album Sonic Cinema, 2017)
5. Harmonia – Watussi; Sehr Kosmisch; Sonnenschein; and Dino (from the album Musik Von Harmonia, 1974)
6. Zero Times Everything – Events In A Field (from the album Sonic Cinema, 2017)
7. The Enid – Dark Hydraulic; and Ultraviolet Cat (from the album Sundialer, 1995)
8. Richard Barbieri – Unholy (from the album Planets + Persona, 2017)
9. Wendy Carlos – Spring (from the album Sonic Seasonings, 1972)
I hope you enjoy! Prog On!