This week on Prog-Watch it’s another variety program full of mostly new material and some of it will be a little heavier or harder-edged than what you usually hear on the program. I’ve got music from Ajna, Pure Reason Revolution, Amy Birks, Starset, Haken, Band Of Rain, Roz Vitalis, Delain, The Bardic Depths, Subsignal, and Magenta! So are you ready to rock…progressively, of course?
This week on Prog-Watch I’m serving up a Variety program with music from Cyril, Kinetic Element, The Far Meadow, and Coma Rossi, plus newcomers Last Flight To Pluto and Astralingua! Also, I’ll have some Guest DJ selections chosen by long-time listener Rick Gibbs. Rick has suggested some great songs by IQ, Steven Wilson, Lonely Robot, and Subsignal! So I hope you will join me!
617: Variety with Guest DJ Selections
This week’s Prog-Watch is another fabulous variety program with mostly new(er) music! We’ll hear from Wobbler, David Cross and David Jackson, Ben Craven, Spock’s Beard, Stratospheerius and The Bedlam Furnaces! Plus, Dr. Rob Fisher provides an insightful Progressive Discoveries segment on the new album ‘La Muerta’ from Subsignal!
529: Variety + Subsignal on Progressive Discoveries
Progressive Tracks Show #267 (Words Cannot Express…), originally broadcast on Saturday, June 23, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
Sometimes music will take you on a roller-coaster of emotions… more than mere words can describe. This week we’ll explore music that speaks for itself.
Warning: Either clear your mind for the experience… or the show will clear it for you. ;o)
Exclusive Tracks Alert: This week you’ll hear a couple of track premieres from two of my favorite artists: Ángel Ontalva & Vespero, from their upcoming collaboration, “Carta Marina”!
Take time to relax, put on some headphones, and immerse yourself in some quality progressive rock. It may well be the best part of your day.
Remember, you can access any previous edition of The Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks.
- Jason Rubenstein – “Conviction” from Four Points of Focus on Jason Rubenstein
- Cthulhu Rise – “Opus 34” from The Second One on Cthulhu Rise
- Subsignal – “Teardrops Will Dry In Source Of Origin” from La Muerta on Gentle Art Of Music
- Yowie – “Ineffable Dolphin Communion” from Synchromysticism on Skin Graft Records
- Ángel Ontalva & Vespero – “Sea Orm” from Carta Marina on VMS
- Curlew – “Kangaroo” from Paradise on Cuneiform Records
- Xavi Reija – “Deep Ocean” from The Sound Of The Earth on MoonJune Records
- Lorenzo Feliciati – “The White Shadow Story” from Frequent Flyer on RareNoiseRecords
- Jazz Robots – “Ligamentous Laxity” from Jazz Robots Learn to Ride a Bike (With Training Wheels) on Jazz Robots
- Ángel Ontalva & Vespero – “Sledges Crossing the Gulf of Bothnia” from Carta Marina on VMS
- Jason Rubenstein – “Unequivocation” from Four Points of Focus on Jason Rubenstein
- Meteor Vortex – “Absorb” from Absorb/Implode on Independent
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
P.S. You can skip looking for these posts each week by subscribing to the podcast below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week on Prog-Watch I have a themed special called “Shine A Little Light”…all the songs have the word “Light” in the title. Can you guess what I will be playing? Here are the artists: Transatlantic, Glass Hammer, Ian Anderson, David Gilmour, Conspiracy, Iona, Rocket Scientists, Rush, Willowglass, Black Bonzo, Subsignal, Yes, IO Earth and Genesis. A nice and diverse list, right?
443: Shine A Little Light