If you ever miss an episode of Prog-Watch you can listen at Progwatch.com
I love the Moody Blues, and I loved Ray Thomas. Late last year I had even resolved to attempt to contact him and interview him for this program. Sadly, that would never come to be as he left this world in early January of this year. So my idea to do a retrospective feature on a legendary man and his music became a tribute to a beloved figure, whom I was never lucky enough to meet, but feel like I knew through his songs. This tribute program covers much of his career with the Moody Blues and a few from his two wonderful solo albums from the mid-1970s. I respectfully dedicate it to Ray’s family and all who knew and loved him.
Long live the legacy of The Veteran Cosmic Rocker.
514: A Tribute To Ray Thomas
Progressive Tracks Show #245 (The Last… Lost Chord), originally broadcast on Friday, January 19, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
We’re all searching for it… perhaps you’ll find it here?
This week’s playlist contains new… re-released… classics… and tributes. All in a mere 90-minute show.
- Johannes Luley – “Red and Orange (feat. Scott Kinsey)” from Qitara on My Sonic Temple
- Magic Bus – “Kepler 22b” from Phillip The Egg on Back To The Garden Records
- The Flower Kings – “Soul Vortex” from Unfold the Future on Inside OutMusic
- The Moody Blues – “Legend of a Mind” from In Search of the Lost Chord (Bonus Tracks Version) on UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
- Johannes Luley – “Sister Six (feat. Ryan Downe)” from Qitara on My Sonic Temple
- David Bowie – “Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)” from Blackstar on ISO
- Magic Bus – “Yantra Tunnels” from Phillip The Egg on Back To The Garden Records
- The Moody Blues – “The Word” from In Search of the Lost Chord (Bonus Tracks Version) on UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
- The Moody Blues – “Om (Full Version)” from In Search of the Lost Chord (Bonus Tracks Version) on UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
- Colin Tench Project – “Now Get on Your Way” from minor Masterpiece on Independent
- Heldon – “Stand By” from Stand By on Cuneiform
- The Flower Kings – “Last Minute On Earth” from The Rainmaker on Inside Out Music
- The Moody Blues – “A Simple Game” from In Search of the Lost Chord (2008 Expanded Version) on Decca Music Group Ltd.
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
On this week’s Prog-Watch I’m shaking the family tree of the legendary band, the Moody Blues! We’ll hear lots of great stuff from the Moodies, Justin Hayward, John Lodge, Ray Thomas, Mike Pinder, Graeme Edge and more! See what shakes out!
436: Shaking the Family Tree of the Moody Blues