This week on Prog-Watch we pay a little tribute to the late Walter Becker of Steely Dan, before embarking on a great variety program with music from Ghostly Beard, Soul Secret, Drifting Sun, Peter Gabriel, Robert Reed, Bangtower, Wetton Downes Icon, and Gandalf’s Fist. Near the end of the program, two of the boys from The Aaron Clift Experiment drop in to chat about their recent concert activities and their crowd funding campaign for their projected third studio album, “If All Goes Wrong”. We finish with another by Walter Becker, this time from his solo career.
The podcast for Prog-Watch 431 is available at Progwatch.com! Follow the link HERE
For this week’s program I’ve put together another eclectic variety show, with music spanning five decades! We’ll hear from Peter Gabriel, Amplifier, Lana Lane, Marillion, Karibow, Squackett, Discipline, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Roger Waters! Our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher will also be taking us on another voyage of Progressive Discovery, with the great new album by Damanek!
Some things are just bigger than… The Progressive Tracks Show.
Nah! Just kidding! ;o)
The Progressive Tracks Show #204 (The Big Event), originally broadcast on Friday March 31, 2017, is now available to download or listen to any time you desire.
- It’s a Beautiful Day “Good Lovin’” from Marrying Maiden on Classic Music Vault
- Marriages “Part the Dark Again” from Kitsune – EP on Sargent House
- The Aaron English Band “The Marriage of the Sun and the Moon” from The Marriage of the Sun and the Moon on Independent
- Kansas “It Takes a Woman’s Love (To Make a Man)” from Masque (Bonus Track Version) on Epic/Legacy
- Monkey Bat “Springtime Love” from Springtime Love on Independent
- David Bowie “Be My Wife” from Low on Virgin
- Sinéad O’Connor “Feel So Different” from I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got on EMI Catalogue
- Soul Asylum “April Fool” from Grave Dancers Union on Columbia
- The Moody Blues “To Share Our Love” from On The Threshold Of A Dream on UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
- David Gilmour “Love On The Air” from About Face on Columbia
- Genesis – “Let Us Now Make Love (BBC Nightride 1970)” from Archive #1 (1967-1975) on Virgin Catalogue
- Peter Gabriel – “The Book Of Love (Remix)” from Scratch My Back (Limited Edition) on Real World Records
- Yes – “True Love” from Talk on Atlantic
- Trinity & Triage – “We Won’t Say Goodbye” from Trinity & Triage on Independent
- Centrozoon – “The Wedding” from Fool of Music (Compilation) on Independent
- The Decemberists – “Sons and Daughters” from The Crane Wife
- Gordon Giltrap and Paul Ward – “April Love” from The Last of England on Angel Air Records
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack