This week on Prog-Watch I have a themed special called “A Song For All Seasons”! With music by Dukes of the Orient, Guy Manning, Terry Draper, Squackett, Justin Hayward, Steve Howe, Alan White, The Zombies, White Willow, Kayak, Potter’s Daughter, Joe Walsh, Mostly Autumn, Karfagen, Ray Wilson, Zebra, Threshold, and Marillion! All in 90 minutes!
716: A Song For All Seasons
This week on Prog-Watch I have a straight up variety program for you, and much of the stuff I will be playing is relatively new! With music from Blind Ego, Karfagen, Hats Off Gentlemen It’s Adequate, Dreaming Madmen, Great Pacific Orchestra, Jeff Lynne’s ELO, Nick Magnus, Ritual, and Sonus Umbra!
This week’s Prog-Watch features a lot of great, modern Prog Rock from Jan Akkerman, Karfagen, Low Roar, Rodney Matthews and Jeff Scheetz with Oliver Wakeman, Nick Magnus, and Frequent Flyers, and a “proggy”classic from Elton John! Plus, The Doctor, Rob Fisher, will be examining the debut album by the UK group Chasing the Monsoon!
709: Variety + Chasing the Monsoon Project on Progressive Discoveries
This week’s Prog-Watch is another edition of EPIX! Just five tunes will carry us through our time together and I’ll play one from each decade of our favorite genre. Tune in to hear great music from Twelfth Night, Rocket Scientists, Genesis, Karfagen, and IQ!
626: Epix, Vol. 5
THE PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #307
(Enter… The Artist)
Being a source of inspiration for others isn’t easy. Those with the innate talent for seeing the world in a different way are, themselves, different. And that doesn’t always fit in so well with what the rest of ‘the sleepers’ consider as the norm.
This week we’ll explore the necessary, but uncommon role of The Artist, with another think-for-yourself theme show. NOTE: This show is dedicated to an artist (and DJ) at KPTZ whose inspiration was lost to us recently.
Remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are 146 now!).
- Amalgam Effect – “Sketches I-II: Making Them Feel/Success? (Moreoverture)” from Sketches on 724989 Records DK (2019)
- Mind Beams – “Step” from Crone – EP on Sun Breaks (2019)
- No Man’s Valley – “Outside The Dream” from Outside The Dream on Chononaut Records (2019)
- Messa – “The Seer” from Feast For Water on Aural Music (2018)
- GRICE – “Hardest To Reach” from One Thousand Birds on Hungersleep Records (2019)
- Cathedral – “Gong” from Stained Glass Stories on Syn-Phonic (1978)
- Cathedral – “The Lake” from The Bridge on Musea (2008)
- Devin Townsend – “Evermore” from Empath on InsideOutMusic (2019)
- Amalgam Effect – “Sketches XI-XII: But A Beast/I Will” from Sketches on 724989 Records DK (2019)
- Solvents – “Leave The Devil At The Bar” from Leave The Devil At The Bar – Single on Independent
- Messa – “Naunet” from Feast For Water on Aural Music (2018)
- Messa – “Snakeskin Drape” from Feast For Water on Aural Music (2018)
- Mind Beams – “Amygdala Mandala” from Crone – EP on Sun Breaks (2019)
- No Man’s Valley – “Murder Ballad” from Outside The Dream on Tononzen Records (2019)
- Karfagen – “Incantation (part 1)” from Echoes From Within Dragon Island on Chrononaut Records (2019)
- Karfagen – “Incantation (part 2)” from Echoes From Within Dragon Island on Chrononaut Records (2019)
If you have comments or suggestions for show topics/ music (always welcome), feel free to contact me any time via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
P.S. You can skip looking for these posts each week by subscribing to the podcast below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
On this week’s Prog-Watch I’m spinning a diversity of fabulous music from around the Progressive Rock world! Hear (mostly) new music from Karfagen, Radius Funk, Bram Stoker, RPWL, Grand Tour, The End Of The Ocean, Coma Rossi, Soft Machine Legacy, Falling Edge, and Whiteside’s Daughter!
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at Progwatch.com
This week I’ve lined up a plethora of great progressive rock music from Unitopia, Murky Red, Karfagen, The J Conspiracy, Godsticks, Camel, Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius, Radiohead, Forever Twelve, Motorpsycho, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band and Pinn Dropp! In the words of Yoda, “Miss it not!”
The podcast of this week’s Prog-Watch is available at Progwatch.com
On this week’s show we have a very special edition of Progressive Discoveries, hosted by Dr. Rob Fisher himself! Rob will be talking about the new Lunatic Soul album “Fractured” and how it relates to us all as we struggle to get over losses in our lives. Personal, yet universal! Before and after this special feature, I’ve got a variety of great new stuff from Wobbler, Looking-Glass Lantern, Karfagen, ZEH, Gleb Kolyadin, and the Von Hertzen Brothers!
505: Variety + Lunatic Soul on Progressive Discoveries