This week’s program features ALL NEW Variety, with great new stuff from Mansun, Big Big Train, Joost Maglev, Alan Parsons, Jon Anderson, The Far Meadow, Dream Theater, Lonely Robot, Devin Townsend & Cosmograf! Come along for the ride and catch up with some of the great new music that has recently been released!
619: ALL NEW Variety
Progressive Tracks Show #247 (The White Show), originally broadcast on Friday, February 2, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
Oh wow, another one of those self-morphing shows that seems to have a mind of its own… and winds up being a show with a message AND a theme (other shows that I do only end up as a mess of good music and dodgy DJ’ing). ;o)
Listen… and form your own opinion about the content. Feel free to email and ask me what I think it is… but remember, my answer will only be one more white man’s view.
- Alan White – “Song Of Innocence” from Ramshackled on Atlantic
- Spriggan Mist – “White Swan” from The Portal on Independent
- The Cellar and Point – “White Cylinder (A)” from Ambit on Cuneiform Records
- Nad Sylvan – “The White Crown” from The Bride Said No on InsideOutMusic
- White Willow – “Animal Magnetism (Bonus Track)” from Future Hopes on The Laser’s Edge
- David Bowie – “Black Tie White Noise” from Black Tie White Noise on Savage Records
- Saul Blease – “White Rose (Sophie’s Song)” from Blood / Hollow – EP on Saul Blease
- Peter Gabriel – “White Shadow” composed by Peter Gabriel from Peter Gabriel 2 (Scratch) on Atlantic
- White Witch – “Have You Ever Thought of Changing?/Jackson Slade” from White Witch on PCLC Capricorn
- White Witch – “The Gift” from White Witch on PCLC Capricorn
- Jack O’ the Clock – “Whiteout” from Repetitions of the Old City I on Jack O’ the Clock
- White – “New Day” from White on Renaissance Records
- Queen – “White Man” from A Day At The Races on EMI
- Rick Miller – “White Dogs (Including The Raven” from Breaking Point on Independent
- Whitewater – “Moon Pull, Parts 1-4” from Universal Medium on BEM
- Crippled Black Phoenix – “A Brigher Tomorrow” from White Light Generator on Cool Green Recordings
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen HERE
The focus of this week’s program is a man who is perhaps one of the most prolific artists in the history of Progressive Rock, Roine Stolt! From his beginnings in Kaipa, through The Flower Kings, Tangent, Agents Of Mercy, Transatlantic, and his recent collaboration with Jon Anderson of Yes, this man has made a lot of great music in a career spanning more than 40 years! I was lucky enough to speak with Roine via Skype, and I’d like to share that conversation with all of my friends out there in Progland! So tune into this week’s Prog-Watch to hear some of that conversation and a lot of great Roine Stolt music from some of his various projects! Our friend Rob Fisher will also join in the festivities, with an edition of Progressive Discoveries that takes a look at Roine’s recent reunion with some of his original Kaipa bandmates in a project called Kaipa Da Capo!