This week on Prog-Watch my special guests are Mark Zonder and Gary Wehrkamp who have formed a new project called Zonder-Wehrkamp! (Mark is perhaps best know as the drummer for Warlord, Spirits Of Fire, and Fates Warning. Gary is probably best known as a member of Shadow Gallery, but has also worked with Arjen Lucassen, James Labrie, Doug Rausch, and also contributed to the first Roswell Six album.) Tune in to hear some of our chat, some music from the guys’ pasts, and some from their brand new project!
634: In Conversation with Mark Zonder and Gary Wehrkamp
PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #325 (Music Deserving Full Attention)
ProgHeads are ‘different’ from others who listen to music (or at least we like to think we are). We don’t typically use music as background noise, while life goes on around it. We are perhaps a bit more critical in our listening. And we certainly tend to make music a priority in our lives. In some ways, you could say that music IS life to ProgHeads.
And so, we give music the attention it deserves. The music this week falls nicely into that category of deserving our full attention.
And remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are over 160 now!).
- The Red Masque – “Fathomless” from Fathomless on The Red Masque (2018)
- Zonder Wehrkamp – “If It’s Real” from If It’s Real on It’s Real Records (2019)
- Sarcophagus Now – “Kasputin Jarr” from Maneter on Spinnup (2019)
- Arcade Messiah – “Hell By Default” fromHell By Default – EP on Arcade Messiah (2019)
- The Sheen – “Perception Management” from Thud – EP on 936986 Records DK (2019)
- Malcolm Galloway – “Pattern Jugglers” from Transitions on Glass Castle Recordings (2019)
- Human Ottoman – “Swanktown” fromRampage on Independent (2019)
- Zonder Wehrkamp – “Too Late” from If It’s Real on It’s Real Records (2019)
- Arcade Messiah – “Death X-Ray” from Hell By Default – EP on Arcade Messiah (2019)
- The Sheen – “Rob Magill & The Sheen B” from Thud – EP on 936986 Records DK (2019)
- Human Ottoman – “Yesterday” from Rampage on Independent (2019)
- Zonder Wehrkamp – “Two Years” from If It’s Real on It’s Real Records (2019)
- Sarcophagus Now – “Bitontologen” from Maneter on Spinnup (2019)
- Malcolm Galloway – “Slow” from Transitions on Glass Castle Recordings (2019)
- Human Ottoman – “100k Lazer Cats” from Rampage on Independent (2019)
If you have comments or suggestions for show topics/ music (always welcome), feel free to contact me any time via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |