This week’s Prog-Watch is another edition of EPIX! Just six tunes will carry us through our time together and I’ll play one from each decade of our favorite genre (with a bonus from the 1970s)! Tune in to hear great music from The Eloy, Porcupine Tree, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Pendragon, Agents Of Mercy, and Banco del Mutuo Soccorso!
719: Epix, Vol. 6
Another themed special on Prog-Watch this week, and the key word is HEART! We’ll hear from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Trevor Rabin, King Crimson, Robert Berry, The Alan Parsons Project, Pete Townshend, Yes, Marillion, Moon Safari, Zebra, Colin Blunstone, Esquire, Rush, GTR, mystery, John Wetton, and Manfred Mann`s Earth Band! Come along for a fun ride!
646: Affairs of the Heart
THE PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #328 (The Power of Three)
The Power of Three, suggests that things that come in threes are funnier, more satisfying, more effective, and/or more memorable, than other numbers of things. There are many celtic, nordic, and pagan examples of this belief.
But does that translate to music? Join us to hear how the power of three translates… progressively.
And remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are over 165 podcasts now!).
- Rush – “Working Man” from Rush on Mercury Records (1974)
- Mouth – “Cascade Inc.” from Rhizome on Tonzonen Records (2009)
- Mouth – “Hiding, Rhizome” from Rhizome on Tonzonen Records (2009)
- Bushman’s Revenge – “Folk Kremtar No Av Og Til Berre I Lause Lufta Og” from Et hån mot overklassen on Hubro (2019)
- Bushman’s Revenge – “Happy Hour For Mr. Sanders” from Et hån mot overklassen on Hubro (2019)
- Axiom – “Slumber” from Slumber – Master A from Axiom on Independent (2019)
- El Trio – “Deconectar” from Las Manos on Progshine Records (2013)
- Mouth – “Into The Light (alternate mix)” from Past-Present-Future on Tonzonen Records (2019)
- Battles – “The Yabba” from La Di Da Di on Warp Records (2015)
- Emerson Lake & Palmer – “Oh, My Father” from Tarkus (deluxe edition) of Razor & Tie Records (2012)
- Axiom – “Believe” from Believe – Master B from Axiom on Independent (2019)
- Bushman’s Revenge – “A Bottle A Day Keeps The Wolves At Bay” from Et hån mot overklassen on Hubro (2019)
- Fred Frith Trio – “Dance of Delusion” from Another Day in Fucking Paradise on Intakt Records (2016)
- Yowie – “Mysterium Tremendum” from Synchromysticism on SKiN GRAFT Records (2017)
- Dialeto – “Windmaster” from The Last Tribe on MoonJune Records (2013)
If you have comments or suggestions for show topics/ music (always welcome), feel free to contact me any time via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This week’s Prog-Watch is now available from the website Progwatch.com at the following link: Prog-Watch 427
Variety is on tap in this week’s episode! Hear from Uriah Heep, Ben Craven, Dreadnaught, Foreigner, Syncage, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Manfred Mann`s Earth Band, Snarky Puppy, IO Earth, Anekdoten & Rocket Scientists! Also, our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher, will be enlightening us on the great new album by The Mute Gods!
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch, you can still listen HERE
This week’s show was a tribute to Greg Lake. Greg was kind of a personal hero to me; and as a guy with a Prog Rock show, I couldn’t let his passing go without doing a tribute show. I’ve put together a nice career retrospective here, with some things you might not expect to hear and a few you may never have heard. So join me this week as I take a look back at a little of the impressive body of work left by Greg Lake. Requiescat in pace, Greg.