This week’s Prog-Watch is a wonderful variety program with lots of new music, plus some great selections from a Guest DJ by the name of David Graham of Hawick, Scotland! We’ll hear music from Magic Pie, The Tornados, Thank You Scientist, The Moody Blues, The Gift, Genesis, Freedom To Glide, Pallas, Drifting Sun, Swallow the Sun, and Gandalf’s Fist! All of that jammed into 90 minutes!
628: Variety with Guest DJ Selections
628: Variety with Guest DJ Selections
This week’s program is a variety show with lots of great new stuff from 3.2, The Sea Within, EvenFlow, Drifting Sun, and Strangefish! We’ll also hear great (but not quite new) music from Agam, Heresy, Black Peaks, and The Bedlam Furnaces, and our resident reviewer Dr. Rob Fisher will check in with a Progressive Discoveries feature on the latest album by the Italian band Victim Of Illusion! I hope you can come along for the ride!
532: Variety + Victim Of Illusion on Progressive Discoveries
This week’s Prog-Watch is part variety show and part feature! On the variety side we will hear great (mostly newer) stuff from Perfect Beings, Kayak, Drifting Sun, and Skeptosphere! As for the feature: Aaron and Devin of The Aaron Clift Experiment drop by to talk about their brand new album If All Goes Wrong, and we check out three tracks from the album!
521: Variety + Aaron Clift Experiment feature
This week on Prog-Watch we pay a little tribute to the late Walter Becker of Steely Dan, before embarking on a great variety program with music from Ghostly Beard, Soul Secret, Drifting Sun, Peter Gabriel, Robert Reed, Bangtower, Wetton Downes Icon, and Gandalf’s Fist. Near the end of the program, two of the boys from The Aaron Clift Experiment drop in to chat about their recent concert activities and their crowd funding campaign for their projected third studio album, “If All Goes Wrong”. We finish with another by Walter Becker, this time from his solo career.
439: Variety + Aaron Clift Experiment feature
The Progressive Tracks Show #224 (Total Solar Eclipse), originally broadcast on Friday, August 18, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
It’s been a long time since a total solar eclipse has happened in the United States. To put it in perspective, U.K. (Jobson/Wetton/Bozzio) were just about to release its “Danger Money” album when the last eclipse occurred on February 26th, 1979. Now THAT’s a looong time ago!
And believe me when I say, there’s plenty of great Prog on the subject of eclipses. So it’s no wonder I felt compelled to do a special 2-hour show (yes, you read that right) marking the total solar eclipse that occurred on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius – “Hysteria” from Guilty Of Innocence on Independent
- Amenophis – “Suntower” from Amenophis on Musea
- Michael Hoenig – “Sun and Moon” from Departure from the Northern Wasteland on Kuckuck Schallplatten
- Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – “Solar Fire” from Solar Fire on Cohesion
- Man – “Call Down the Moon” from Call Down the Moon on Esoteric Recordings
- Astra – “The Rising of the Black Sun” from The Weirding on Rise Above Records
- Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express – “Total Eclipse” from Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express on Fuel
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Total Eclipse” from I Robot on Arista
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Genesis Ch.1 V.32” from I Robot on Arista
- Kenny Mitchell – “Solar Eclipse, Part 1” from The Lark At Heaven’s Gate on Independent
- Kenny Mitchell – “Solar Eclipse, Part 2 – Second Shadow” from The Lark At Heaven’s Gate on Independent
- Toxic Smile – “Rayless Sun” from 7 on Progressive Promotions Records
- Eat The Sun – “Prefeastthree” from The Djerassi Sessions on Independent
- Green Meteor – “Consumed By A Dying Sun” from Consumed By A Dying Sun Robot on Independent
- Pallas – “Shadow Of The Sun” from Wearewhoweare on Independent
- Argos – “Sun And Moon” from Circles on Musea
- Drifting Sun – “Eternal Cycle” from Eternal Cycle EP on Independent
- Pink Floyd – “Brain Damage”” from Dark Side Of The Moon on EMI
- Pink Floyd – “Eclipse” from Dark Side Of The Moon on EMI
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at progwatch.com! Just follow this link: progwatch.com/429
There’s been no shortage of great music released so far this year. So to keep you on top of all the great sounds out there, this week I am doing a 100% ALL NEW variety show! Every song will come from an album released in 2017. We’ll hear from Sky Architect, Big Big Train, Cosmograf, The Winter Tree, Steven Wilson, Anathema, The Samurai of Prog, Nad Sylvan, and Drifting Sun. Dr. Rob Fisher will also take us on another voyage of progressive discovery, with the latest album by Steve Hackett.
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen HERE
This week’s show is another fabulous variety show, with lots of mostly NEW music! Hear from Trans-Siberian Orchestra, The Bob Lazar Story, Lonely Robot, Drifting Sun, Lifesigns, Stewart Bell, White Willow, Nova Collective, The Fierce & The Dead, and Projekt Gemineye! Plus another great edition of Progressive Discoveries with our friend, Dr. Rob Fisher, centering on the classic, first solo album by Tony Banks!