This week on Prog-Watch: More ALL NEW Prog Rock Variety from Lonely Robot, Brighteye Brison, Great Wide Nothing, Green Desert Tree, BangTower, Cosmograf & Alan Parsons! Plus, a visit from THE DOCTOR, Rob Fisher, who will be taking a look at “Solipsystemology”, the latest album by ‘t’ (Thomas Thielen), on Progressive Discoveries!
621: More ALL NEW Variety + Thomas Thielen (“t”) on Progressive Discoveries
This week’s program features ALL NEW Variety, with great new stuff from Mansun, Big Big Train, Joost Maglev, Alan Parsons, Jon Anderson, The Far Meadow, Dream Theater, Lonely Robot, Devin Townsend & Cosmograf! Come along for the ride and catch up with some of the great new music that has recently been released!
619: ALL NEW Variety
This week on Prog-Watch: another great show of mostly new stuff! We’ll hear from The Tangent, How Far To Hitchin’, Big Big Train, Cosmograf, Nad Sylvan, Karmamoi, Aisles, and Karibow! Plus, our friend and resident reviewer, Dr. Rob Fisher, will take us on another trip of Progressive Discovery with the intense new solo album by Bjørn Riis, of the Norwegian band Airbag!
438: (Almost) ALL NEW Variety
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at progwatch.com! Just follow this link: progwatch.com/429
There’s been no shortage of great music released so far this year. So to keep you on top of all the great sounds out there, this week I am doing a 100% ALL NEW variety show! Every song will come from an album released in 2017. We’ll hear from Sky Architect, Big Big Train, Cosmograf, The Winter Tree, Steven Wilson, Anathema, The Samurai of Prog, Nad Sylvan, and Drifting Sun. Dr. Rob Fisher will also take us on another voyage of progressive discovery, with the latest album by Steve Hackett.
The Progressive Tracks Show #215 (I’ll Take Theme-less Shows For $200, Alex), originally broadcast on Friday June 16, 2017, is now available to download or listen to any time you desire.
Theme-less is the new Theme, people! So get on board! ;o)
- NP: Schnauser – “Spiele Mit Katzen” from Irritant on Bad Elephant Music
- NP: The Echelon Effect – “Distant Cities” from Signals on Independent
- NP: Cosmograf – “Tethered and Bound” from The Hay-Man Dreams on Cosmograf Music
- NP: El Trio – “Solo En Cancion” from Balance on Independent
- NP: Pink Floyd – “Welcome To The Machine” from Wish You Were Here (Remastered) on Parlophone UK
- NP: Pink Floyd – “Have A Cigar” from Wish You Were Here (Remastered) on Parlophone UK
- NP: Davey Dodds – “Kernowcopia” from Kernowcopia on Angel Air Records
- NP: Hypnos 69 – “An Aerial Architect” from Legacy on Elektrohasch Schallplatten
- NP: Schnauser – “The Monday Club” from Irritant on Bad Elephant Music
- NP: El Trio – “A Medio Vivir” from Balance on Independent
- NP: Cosmograf – “Trouble In The Forest” from The Hay-Man Dreams on Cosmograf Music
- NP: The Echelon Effect – “End Transmission” from Signals on Independent
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can (and should!) listen HERE
This week’s show is a special year-end round-up, more than a month in the making! A collaboration between the Progsquatch and 11 of those fine gentlemen who perform reviews at The Progressive Aspect, to bring you an even dozen of the best Progressive Rock albums of 2016! (With contributions from Roger Trenwith, Mel Allen, Jeremy Rowden, John Wenlock-Smith, Bob Mulvey, Mark Johnson, Leo Trimming, Phil Lively, Tony Colvill, Shawn Dudley, and of course Rob Fisher! Music from Bent Knee, Big Big Train, cosmograf, ESP, Geph, Holon, Iamthemorning, Karibow, Opeth, The Gift, The Mute Gods and Tony Patterson!