On this week’s Prog-Watch I’m playing fantastic prog rock music from Astral Bazaar, Anathema, Oscillazioni Alchemico Kreative (O.A.K.), Jussi Petäjä, Spriggan Mist, Daniel Eliseev Project, Roxy Music, All Traps on Earth, and The Tangent! Plus, a great feature on the new album by Canadian proggers mystery on Progressive Discoveries with Dr. Rob Fisher!
550: Variety + Mystery on Progressive Discoveries
The Progressive Tracks Show #231 (In A ProgTracks Mood), originally broadcast on Friday, October 13, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
After being challenged by a listener to ‘lighten up’, dump the gloom, and become more cheerful… I do my best, while playing some independent artists, new music, and another Golden Tracks album that is turning 50.
Listen in to see if I can actually do it!
- Anathema – “32.63N 117.14W” from The Optimist on Kscope
- Anathema – “Leaving it Behind” from The Optimist on Kscope
- Dixie Dregs – “Travel Tunes” from What If on PCLC Capricorn
- The Nice – “Flower King of Flies” from The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack on Charly Records
- Protean Collective – “Myopic” from Collapse on Protean Collective.
- Nevesis – “Mind Control” from Pink Magnet Masters on 672225 Records DK
- The Knells – “Sub Rosa” from Knells II on New Amsterdam
- The Nice – “Dawn” from The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack on Charly Records
- Trojan Horse – “The Shapes” from Fukushima Surfer Boys on Bad Elephant Music
- Kalle Vilpuu – “Anomalies” from Silver Lining on Guitar Laboratory
- Lines in the Sky – “Ocean” from Parallel Travel on Faster Steps Records
- Protean Collective – “Shadows” from Collapse on Protean Collective
- Kalle Vilpuu – “Trappings” from Silver Lining on Guitar Laboratory
- The Nice – “Rondo” from The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack on Charly Records
- Lines in the Sky – “Element 115” from Parallel Travel on Faster Steps Records
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at progwatch.com! Just follow this link: progwatch.com/429
There’s been no shortage of great music released so far this year. So to keep you on top of all the great sounds out there, this week I am doing a 100% ALL NEW variety show! Every song will come from an album released in 2017. We’ll hear from Sky Architect, Big Big Train, Cosmograf, The Winter Tree, Steven Wilson, Anathema, The Samurai of Prog, Nad Sylvan, and Drifting Sun. Dr. Rob Fisher will also take us on another voyage of progressive discovery, with the latest album by Steve Hackett.