If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch, you can still listen at Progwatch.com
This week’s program is loaded with a plethora of great Progressive Rock for your listening pleasure! We’ll hear from Mothertongue, Ryan Parmenter, Klaatu, Umphrey’s McGee, Marco Ragni, the Strawbs, Zombie Picnic, It Bites, Pinn Dropp and StuckFish! We’ll also be checking in with our friend Dr. Rob Fisher for another fantastic voyage of Progressive Discovery featuring music from Liquid Tension Experiment and the Canadian band Intervals!
512: Variety + Intervals on Progressive Discoveries
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch, you can listen at Progwatch.com
On this week’s program my special guest is none other than Nick Barrett…founder, composer, guitarist and vocalist for the classic UK band Pendragon! The band is celebrating their 40th anniversary this year, so Nick and I had plenty to talk about! With such a vast back catalog of great music from which to choose, I also had no problem selecting great tunes to spin along the way!
511: In Conversation with Nick Barrett of Pendragon, Pt. 1
If you missed last weekend’s 101 Dimensions program, you can listen at Progwatch.com
The program features an eclectic selection of electronic music, space rock, and some more ambient stuff for your listening enjoyment. Here’s what I’m spinning:
1. Deep Control – Luna Sea Colors (from the album Collection Of Electronic Music, 2016)
2. Andre Hecht – Minimal Mechanism (from the album Collection Of Electronic Music, 2016)
3. Antonio Energy – UFO (from the album Collection Of Electronic Music, 2016)
4. Can – All Gates Open (from the album Space Rock – An Interstellar Traveler’s Guide, 2016)
5. Øresund Space Collective – The Trichophantic Spire (from the album Space Rock – An Interstellar Traveler’s Guide, 2016)
6. Ozric Tentacles – Space Out (from the album Space Rock – An Interstellar Traveler’s Guide, 2016)
7. Soniq Theater – Squaring The Circle; and Circus Ponies On The Run (from the album Squaring The Circle, 2018)
8. Soniq Theater – The Unbearable Lightness Of Being; and Strange Times And Odd Days (from the album Squaring The Circle, 2018)
9. Radio Massacre International – Wintergreen (from the album Lost In Space, 2006)
10. David Bedford – The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Pt. 2 (from the album The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, 1975)
I hope you enjoy! Until next time…be good to each other and Prog On!
101 Dimensions – March 2018
If you missed this week’s Prog-Watch you can still listen at Progwatch.com
This week I’ve lined up a plethora of great progressive rock music from Unitopia, Murky Red, Karfagen, The J Conspiracy, Godsticks, Camel, Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius, Radiohead, Forever Twelve, Motorpsycho, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band and Pinn Dropp! In the words of Yoda, “Miss it not!”
Prog-Watch 508 is now available at Progwatch.com
My special guest for this episode is Michael Whiteman, bassist, singer, and composer from I Am The Manic Whale! Michael and I chat about all sorts of things, from the origins of the band to the future of “progressive rock”. Along the way I will, of course, spin lots of great music from Michael and the rest of his pod-mates in I Am The Manic Whale!
508: In Conversation with Michael Whiteman of I Am The Manic Whale
It was my turn on 101 Dimensions once again and I put some great electronic/ambient stuff to warm a cold winter’s night! Here’s what’s in store:
1. Trinity Ward – No Regrets; The New Sound Of London; Vita; Organs; Uplifter; and Curtains Of Clouds (from the album Echoes From Earth, 2011)
2. Jim Griffin – An Ocean Mind (from the album To A Far City, 2017)
3. whatsisname – Relax, Offsets; and Terraform (from the album Indefinite Articles, 2017)
4. Har – 2 am Vision Within The Mirror (from the album Obscura, 2010)
5. Goblin – Roller; Aquaman; Snip Snap; and Il Risveglio Del Serpente (from the album Roller, 1976)
6. Har – Amelia (from the album Obscura, 2010)
7. Andreas Vollenweider – Behind The Gardens, Behind The Wall, Under The Tree; Pyramid, In The Wood, In The Bright Light; Micro, Macro; and Skin And Skin (from the album Behind The Garden, Behind The Wall, Under The Tree, 1981)
I hope you enjoy!
101 Dimensions – February 2018
The podcast for this week’s Prog-Watch is now available at Progwatch.com
For this week’s program I’ve put together a variety show with a little tribute to the late Colin Tench. We’ll hear a new one from the Colin Tench Project, and two from a couple of his other projects, BunChakeze and Corvus Stone. I’ll also be spinning lots of great stuff from The Fierce & The Dead, Fractal Mirror, Bram Stoker, Jethro Tull, Steven Wilson, Downes-Braide Association, Rush, Spiral Key, and Somnambulist.
507: Variety + A Tribute to Colin Tench